In 1955 John Badder purchased the home of Mae and Charlie Watson. This became the present home of the John C. Badder Funeral Home, Thamesville. John also owned and operated Badder Home Furnishings from 1963 until the late 1980’s. In 1991 his son Jason received his funeral director’s licence and joined the family business. Over the years several changes and additions were made to enhance the open concept of the funeral home while keeping the Victorian theme. In 1998 the Badder family decided to grow their business by purchasing the Robinson Funeral Home, Bothwell from Don & Shirley Robinson. The Robinson Funeral Home served the families of Bothwell, Newbury, Wardsville and surrounding area for more than 130 years.
Don continued to work with John and Jason before retiring. He and Shirley continue to reside in Bothwell. In 2000 the former Grace Anglican Church, Bothwell was purchased and became the new home of the Badder & Robinson Funeral Home. The new facility was built on ground level with a large spacious chapel to better serve the families of Bothwell and area. Badder Funeral Homes grew again in 2005 with the purchase of the Dresden United Church. This became the current location of the Badder Funeral Home & Reception Centre, Dresden. It is similar in style to the Badder & Robinson Funeral Home. Again it is all on ground level with a very spacious chapel. In addition to the Bothwell funeral home, Dresden also has a children’s room and small reception room.